He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God. ~ Micah 6:8
- Because everyone who believes, also wants to know what God desires of them.
- Because this verse tells us succinctly what God desires of us.
- Because Jesus more-or-less quotes it in Matthew 23:23 – in Micah’s order. (What is faithfulness if not walking humbly with God?)
- Because it puts in imperative language the very same principles that scripture expresses as most important: that we should love the Lord our God with heart (loving mercy), mind (discerning and dispensing what is justice), strength (walking is an activity requiring the strength God has given us), and soul (with God; communion of soul-to-Soul).
- Because this is the way Jesus lived.
- Because this is the way I want to live, and this verse makes it easy to keep that in mind.
And if that’s not enough, I could probably think of more reasons.