The purpose of this site is to discuss evangelism in a postmodern, emerging-church context. Why another blog?
- The need for a group of people to be thinking together on this important topic
- The need for a more neutral and anonymous place to discuss this sensitive topic other than personal blogs
- The need for a more centralized place to have this conversation
If you are interested in joining, please email me at justin at baederresources.com with your:
- Blog URL
- Church context & background (briefly)
I would like to have as many contributors as possible, but for a variety of reasons it’s going to be limited to those who already have a blog (mainly to prevent it from becoming someone’s personal blog where they start to post livejournal memes and other junk).
Why should you think about contributing?
- There has not been enough conversation on evangelism in the emerging church
- Consequently, people are often still thinking in terms inappropriate for their contexts
- Much has been learned about evangelism in postmodern/emerging contexts, and the knowledge needs to be found, shared, and discussed
- It hasn’t all been figured out yet – there remains a great theological task to be done
I hope you’ll consider joining. The site will go live in a few days; hopefully, there will be a dozen or so contributors ready to post by then.
If you’ve read Justin’s January post Evangelism Re:Mixed, you’ve got a fair idea where this idea of his is headed. To update his quote above, the site IS live already (and active and sharper than most two-edged swords).